Panorama is closely monitoring the coronavirus situation and taking appropriate precautions learn more.
May 27, 2020
Please read the following letter from our Convalescent & Rehabilitation Center Administrator, Dennis Wilkerson. Letter from D. Wilkerson - C&R Update - 4-20.pdf
Panorama Community Health Update:
At Panorama, our highest priority is the health and safety of our residents and staff. During the ever-changing public health crisis of COVID-19, we are working diligently to limit our community’s risk of exposure. We are following recommendations from state and federal agencies such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Washington State Department of Health to increase the safety and well-being of everyone on our campus.
There are currently 0 known confirmed cases of Covid-19 at Panorama:
- 0 staff cases
- 0 cases in the Convalescent & Rehabilitation Center
- 0 cases in Assisted Living
- 0 cases in Independent Living: 0 in the Quinault, 0 in the Chinook, 0 in the Chalet, 0 in our campus homes
Independent Living residents who have been diagnosed with COVID-19, or who are exhibiting any symptoms, are required to self-isolate. Additional services are available to support residents in self-isolation.
Panorama Service Update:
We have taken a proactive approach from the very beginning of this health crisis, including, but not limited to the following precautions and actions:
- Closing our campus to all visitors to reduce the possibility of exposure
- Screening all Essential Service Providers
- Encouraging social distancing with residents and staff
- Sending out ongoing communication and updates to our residents via telephone, email, our resident portal and our closed-circuit television station, Panorama TV.
- Initiating employee health screenings prior to each shift every day (temperatures taken and health and symptom questions asked)
- Closing all dining areas
- Closing all formal activity spaces including but not limited to the Panorama Auditorium, Aquatic Center, Library, Chapel, Clay Studio, Quinault Lower Level, Chalet Lower Level, Stiles-Beach Barn, Encore Furniture & Books
- Delivering meals and offering a Grocery Delivery Assistance Program
- Cancelling all events and activities
We have also expanded our campus cleaning and disinfecting procedures, including adding additional hand sanitizing stations throughout our buildings. These are just a few of the many new protocols we have added to protect our community.
Resident engagement continues to be an important focus for our community. We recently held a “Panorama Staff Parade”. This parade involved 30+ cars with a staff member in each one, properly socially distanced, which drove through campus giving smiles and waves to the residents standing on their porches or driveways. Likewise, the staff were greeted with smiles, waves and signs from the residents. We have added informative and entertaining new programming on Panorama TV and our residents have been innovative with ways of staying connected while staying apart. We are also using our in-house readerboard system to host a daily trivia question. Our walkable and nature-filled campus has been enjoyed by many when the sun has come out.
Our multi-faceted response to this virus is necessary to protect our residents and staff. We recognize that this is a difficult time for our residents. We are so grateful for the outpouring of support we have received from residents and families as we have made difficult decisions for the health and safety of our community. Please continue to check this page for updated information. Thank you for your ongoing cooperation and diligence in keeping our campus as safe as possible.